Sunday, April 12, 2009

Preparing for Gastric Bypass Surgery

It is hard to type what preparing for a life changing surgery is like... Let me start from the beginning. I have been overweight my entire adult life and as much of my childhood as I can remember. I have tried every diet scam, diet plan, over the counter pills, prescription pills, and yes even diet and exercise to drop the extra weight. The interesting part of all this is I successfully lost weight time after time.



So I am sure you are now thinking this was about weight loss surgery - But if she lost weight, why have such a drastic surgery? Well, it began with a big diet and a big weight loss, the back side of that great news is that it ended with an even bigger weight gain the second I stopped eating rabbit food and began to eat "regular" food. This cycle has run its course several times in my life putting me at a weight that qualifies me to be a pro football line backer.



I began to research bariatric solutions in late 2008 after watching many friends, coworkers, and even a few movie stars undergo massive transformations with credit given to lab band surgery or gastric bypass. Concluding my extensive research, considering my own medical record, and after consulting with my own doctor as well as a bariatric surgeon I decided to begin a 6 month plan to qualify myself for Roux-en-Y surgery with my insurance company.



In the following blogs read to see what the insurance company required, what my doctor required, and how the six months of preparation has been going.

No comments:

Post a Comment